Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I want to be an Every Day Diva


I wrote a few days ago about Everyday Divas, the business of a dear friend. Well, her blog is listing twelve simple rules for getting dressed. This vintage brooch was #10. After cleaning and organizing my closet (rule #7 Think of your closet as art), I found two boxes I remember stashing in there after Great Aunt Lottie passed away. The boxes were full of wonderful, vintage costume jewelry like the brooch at left. Now I just have to figure out how to make clip on earrings into pierced style so I can wear them! There were wonderful bracelets with matching necklaces and earrings! After reading Kris' blog, cleaning out the closet felt so good, but to look at all that vintage jewelry with new eyes was like getting a wonderful gift. Designs for new garments are swirling in my head, and after fabricating for the custom designs I'm working on for clients, I can hardly wait for business to slow down enough so I can make some wonderful things for myself to go with all this beautiful new jewelry! Make St. Vincent DePaul & Goodwill part of your shopping experience...go to estate sales...beauty is everywhere...repurpose that wonderful jewelry and work it into your wardrobe for a fresh new look.

No comments:

Post a Comment