Thursday, May 6, 2010

Prom Season, Bridal Season



Prom season has come and gone. I did 9 prom dresses this year, half that of last year. ... Maybe due to the economy? The dresses were very diverse, some being beaded columns, and others that looked like Belle in Beauty and the Beast. Most were much more tasteful than in previous years which was a nice change of pace. The one that caught my eye was a beautiful, silk charmeuse dress that was SO colorful that you couldn't stop looking at it! It was a dream to hem, and it was SO soft and silky against your skin, I imagine it was like wearing a breeze. I LOVE to see all the different styles, colors, and personalities.



Wedding season is now if full swing. thanks to David's Bridal, I don't see too many innovative Bridesmaid dresses, but the Bridal gowns are each unique in their design and construction. It is so satisfying to take a dress that needs work and fulfill the vision the bride has of herself for her wedding day! I learn something new from almost EVERY dress I work on! Brides, remember...I can always make a Christening/ Baptismal gown for your first baby from your wedding dress. What a wonderful memory you create when you put your gown to use in this way!

No comments:

Post a Comment