Thursday, May 20, 2010


Today is National Ride Your Bike to Work day. As I listened to the news this morning, I was thinking that I should get my bike out and pump up the tires and go for a ride while the wonderful weather lasts. My husband pipes up and says, "I don't think you should do that." Puzzled, I asked what he meant. "Don't ride your bike to work today." Still not "getting it", he went on to say, "I don't think you would make it down the stairs"! My studio is on the lower level of our home! OK, so you had to be there. Another guest on one of the morning shows had written a book about the little things that make you smile. Like the smell of bacon cooking, or the first bloom of the spring. We have much to be thankful for, and many of them are just that...little things. The husband who makes me smile all day. My intern who "gets" it and can get through a complicated Vogue pattern with minimal supervision. The client who is truly thankful for a job well done and gives me a hug. I LOVE those moments! I think if we think on these little things we receive great joy and the rest of life fades a little and is not as overwhelming. Enjoy the day! Ride your bike today!

1 comment: